Friday, March 25, 2011

Charley's Aunt is a Success!

Well, the show has begun.  Last night's audience was appreciative and laughed at all the right moments.  The cast seemed very pleased with their efforts, as was I.  On Monday we had one of our worst rehearsals ever, and then Thursday, they pulled off a really good opening night.  It is amazing how that works. 
Nate Harmon, Taylor Smith and Landon McKinnon in Charley's Aunt
  We built and painted the set on Saturday, March 19th and opened the show on Thursday, March 24th.  Talk about cutting it close.  But is it pretty.  I think it turned out beautifully.  The colors of the furniture we already owned, combined with what we could rent determined our pain scheme.

Nephew, Hayden Call, and Taylor Smith in drag
I am glad that Hayden and Taylor could play different roles in this play.  This is the first time this year that they have not been each other's counterpart.  

Final scene in Charley's Aunt. Erica Farnes, Hayden Call, Erin Crouch, David Barlow, Mackenzy Muir
Some of my favorites from the senior class are in this show.  I am glad I got to see them on stage one last time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment