Friday, March 11, 2011

Busy Week

This week has been full of a lot of different things.
1)  Snow!! We got a Spring snow storm on Monday night, and ended up with a giant branch from our neighbors' tree in our back yard.  Needless to say, Guy spent a lot of time on Thursday night with a chainsaw. 

20 foot branch in our back yard

2)  Getting ready for the school play!!! Yikes, the kids need to get memorized.  I cannot force them to do it.  Also, we have VERY little time to get the set built and painted before the show opens.  We can't build our unit set until March 19th and the show opens 5 days later on the 24th.  We are renting the furniture from CPT and I already have the girl's costumes.  It should turn out fine, as long as the memorization comes soon.

3)  Preston is falling behind in school.  He spends his days doing oragami instead of writing the poems and other assignments during class.  We have spent the last few days playing catch up.  He hates that he cannot play on the computer or watch TV when he is behind in school.  This has been good incentive for him to get his work done.  Preston came home from school sick on Wednesday and stayed home on Thursday also.  He had a low-grade fever and coughing.  Today is Friday and he seems much better, so I sent him to school.  Yea!  

4)  I have spent over 12 hours already this week working at the high school for the Creative Arts Academy's Romeo and Juliet Ballet, and I have at least 10 more hours to go. I will only get paid for 14 hours, oh well.  Good thing I like them and want to help.  Thanks to Guy for holding down the fort. 
5)  Going to start a mini-diet with my mom on Saturday.   I would like to lose the last 20 pounds before Summer vacation.  I can only seem to diet when I have someone to report to and to be accountable to.  Why is that? 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Cherry motif....darling
    Check out 'Acting bug' on the profile.
    You are wonderful

    ReplyDelete