Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whew! Normal life resumes



I LOVE long weekends.  I was able to clean up the house a little bit.  Go to church.  Do laundry. Read the newpaper. Read my Kindle (thanks Guy for the Christmas gift). Spend time with Preston. Go to the grocery store.  And a thousand other things that needed getting done. I am looking forward to teaching my 2nd semester classes (Stage Craft, Speech 1, Advance Theatre, Film, and Children's Theatre.)  It should be fun and really "hand's on."  I haven't taugth a speech class in years, but as I am the only one "highly qualified" to teach speech at BHS, it is now my "baby."  My friend LeeAnn Hyer at Davis High really helped me out by sharing a bunch of her speech rubrics and papers.  Thanks to her I feel prepped and ready and my head has not exploded because of stress. 

Guy will be glad things are back to "normal."

Picture of me as "Truvy" in STEEL MAGNOLIAS
So I was stopped at Dick's Market the other day.  This stranger recognized me from my performance as Truvy in STEEL MAGNOLIAS.  She gushed and gushed about how terrific the show was and what a great job she thought I did.  It was almost like being famous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment