Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cinderella Opening

Yes, Cinderella is opening on January 7th (that is tomorrow for me.)  Still lots to do.  Still things that need fixing.  But I think the show will turn out to be a gem.  I saw 3 high school productions in the last few months.  One in Layton High School's new little theatre, another at Clearfield High and the third at Hillcrest High.  As a director, I always look with a somewhat critical eye, and try to decide how to make my show even better.  There were several things in each show that were good, and, some not so good.  After seeing them, I decided to take a radical new direction with the show and make it NON-BORING.  I immediately had a production meeting with Megan, Sheri, Melinda (choreographers) and Marcie (costumer) about my "vision." They are a great team.  So creative.  We now have wonderful costumes, cartoon-like scenery, beautiful waltzing, darling musical numbers and a super-magical transformation scene.We have physical comedy, bright energy, and an an overall "non-boring" show. 

 My nephew Hayden Call as Prince Charming and Erin Crouch as Cinderella in the Ballroom scene. They are terrific in these leading roles. 
Kesley Schwab as Joy, Hayden as the Prince and my neice Jenna Cole as Grace.  They are so funny as the wicked step sisters.  These girls are not afraid to go completely into character.  I laugh at them constantly.  You would think that after so many rehearsals, I would no longer laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment