Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm in a show.....again


Well, it has been 10 years, but I am on stage again. I am in the final stages of rehearsal for "Steel Magnolias" at Rodger's Memorial Theatre. I play the part of Truvy (Dolly Parton's role in the movie.) I am in the picture with Missy Riffle, who also plays Truvy in the other cast. She is wearing the long red wig we both have to wear and we are both in costumes from the show. It has been good for me to do this. First of all, going through the audition process was nerve racking and takes a lot of courage. Now, going through the rehearsal process, I am glad to have a lot of time to work on the show and my character. Some rehearsals are better than others. I am still working on making my character more natural and conversational. It will come. I am excited to perform for an audience. Our run in from May 8-June 5th on the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday cast.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it. We have opening night tickets...May 8th!
    You'll be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you. I am glad that you are blogging!

    ReplyDelete